PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Flight Academy in Norway - sceptical.
Old 31st Jan 2022, 10:16
ArcticFlyer69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingpolarbearpilot
@ArticFlyer69. There are two other state funded programs in Sweden you also are eligible to apply to:
OSM Aviation Academy - YH program, has to be YH (Yrkeshögskolan) (CPL)
TFHS - Trafikflyghögskolan (MPL)

You will have to have a medical 1 and pass at "aptitude test" before applying to these, the process is a little longer but it will increase your chances. If I remember correctly, I think there are 12-13 people who compete for per spot UTSA (Tromsø).

I applied to all three, and I got accepted to all three. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Wow that's awesome, all 3?? You've got to be superman! Where did you begin at the end?

I would love to apply for TFHS but I dont speak or read Swedish that well (but I can understand it though). As a Norwegian I think it will be difficult to compete against Swedish aspiring candidates who speak fluently Swedish etc..

There are 12 study-spots at UTSA, my plan is to apply in autumn (September 2022). Reason I want to apply then and not now, is because there are fewer who apply in the autumn (most people in Norway have begun at studies in the autumn). With other words; Chances will be higher to get in.
I know some people who are studying at UTSA, they didn't really prepare that much for the admission test, they're were just thinking "yolo" basically.

Do you have any tips on how to succeed on the admission test?

(I have the Class 1 medical and the PPL).

Best regards.