PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 30th Jan 2022, 21:52
balpalover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plastic787
in which case you should have no issue with internal bidders being allowed to move and you backfilling our seats. If that’s the case I can’t even see why we’re having this discussion. A vacancy is a vacancy.

Guess where I was based and there’s your answer.

We’ve been “piping up about it” for a long time now actually. It not only disadvantages the pilot concerned who is not able to move it then has a detrimental impact on every Airbus FO on the status list below that person as they are not able to move upwards on the status list and enjoy the benefits of better rostering (quite important in JSS). I am far from the only person concerned about this and Balpa are aware of this (not that it’ll make any difference as alluded to above).

This really is my last post on the subject: we will never see eye to eye because you clearly (despite applying for an almost overwhelmingly seniority based airline) have no respect for seniority and want to bend things to your whim. Your attitude is contradictory at best and yet you and BAreject have the utter audacity to claim that I sound entitled. So ironic it’s almost spit out your tea with laughter territory.

You keep falling back on ‘seniority based airlines’ and ‘you know you would have been made redundant first’, but neglecting the fact that we are also told ‘BA has never made a pilot redundant’ during both assessment days and inductions.

I don’t think it’s just me and BA reject, you come from what was a technically redundant base, move into a seat where a colleague (who was not in a redundant seat) has been thrown out, and you’re here harping on about ‘your long haul move’ which isn’t materialising like you clearly wish it had. To me this smacks of entitlement. But what do I know?

whilst I’m here, redundancy is generally a term for someone in a role which is ‘redundant’, I myself wasn’t in a technically redundant role so naturally don’t take kindly when someone who was technically redundant incessantly talks down on me.