PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 30th Jan 2022, 19:27
balpalover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plastic787
Scraped past the cutoff despite having close to 1000 people below me. That’s like Usain Bolt scraping to victory in the 2008 mens 100m final. I have every sympathy for your situation, everybody wants you back, including me but just because you have suffered the horrible injustice of redundancy you do not deserve to have Long Haul seats ahead of those more senior pilots to you with valid bids. That’s the issue here. Surely if your situation has been so bad you’d be happy filling ANY seat, not promoting jumping past the seniority system. That speaks volumes as to your real intentions here. I’ll leave it there because I’m frankly getting pretty sick of it now. As others (not just me) have pointed out, there is only one viewpoint coming across as entitled here.

I don’t know if you’re missing my point on purpose or not, but my point is your attitude comes off as rather entitled when people have clearly suffered much worse than you, and I’d sooner see PRP jump airbus FO’s with the same views.

I don’t care what fleet I go back on, A380 or the Dash-8 if they had it, I want to get back to flying.

1000 below you is quite different from your sympathy narrative earlier if you’re ‘restless nights’ sue to being at risk of redundancy…

There has always been DEP LH recruitment at BA, I don’t know why the airbus FO’s seem to be piping up about it now specifically. I’d have thought getting people (your old colleagues by the way) back to where they want would be higher up the agenda.