PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 30th Jan 2022, 10:46
Chief Willy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAreject
Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to see this happen. The sense of entitlement is simply astonishing.

All this talk about redundancies is tosh. No redundancies were ever needed. The whole thing was a farce. You can bang on about this all day long but the fact is, 249 junior (non 787/350/ex cityflyer/destined for 787 but currently without course date....) members were let down by the BACC in their hour of need. They orchestrated a plan to save their own bacon. What they should have been focusing on was solidarity and coming up with a plan to save their most vulnerable.
The BACC did try and save everyone. And every BA pilot I spoke to would have happily paid more to save everyone. You need to vent your anger at BA. BA seemed to want forced redundancies for reasons I will never understand.

Many in BA would argue that you are the entitled one, wanting a direct spot on a nice new 787 rather than “doing your time” on the 320 fleet like those who have given years of service to BA already.