PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 29th Jan 2022, 22:41
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
I will state I am not at BA however seniority is ideal for them as it keeps salaries down.

Banking used to be very much do your time to earn the big salaries etc. That all changed 20-30 years ago people very rarely stay with one financial institution as they get head hunted and often double there salaries in the process.

Now I know we have many many low hour cadets to fill the RHS and yes the industry gets hit by the smallest thing but experience has always been an issue. BA have created the perfect environment for people to stay get comfortable and a lovely roster after 15+ years so they are going nowhere. If these people were to suddenly start leaving BA would be screwed. It’s not just BA of course but every airline that has seniority. If seniority wasn’t around and people were happy to chop and change taking that experience with them there’s only one way to stop that happening £££££££.

Yes you can have some sort of loyalty but IMO having the ability to go from one airline to another and maintain your rank and current salary would push airlines to offer better packages.
so why didn’t this work for all the non Seniority airlines out there? Afaik in the U.K., only Virgin and BA are legacy seniority airlines; why isn’t your hypothesis playing out between wizz Ryan and easy?