PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command Courses
Thread: Command Courses
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2022, 18:36
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a previous airline it was 9 simulator sessions of training, followed by the LPC/OPC and a full session landing training for zero flight time training. Followed by three weeks ground course, brushing up on everything from legal stuff, performance, a week alone for CRM and leadership training, a visit to all airline departments etc. After that 100 hours and 60 sectors of line training, both things had to be met which meant usually more sectors in the end.

In my current outfit it is three days of ground school, 5 simulator sessions followed by 2 days of LPC/OPC/LOFT, and after that 28 sectors of line training.

Comparing both is not straight forward, the first one was based on seniority only, if your number was up you went into the training, no further assessment was done, the average time of 16 years on the line was quite enough to weed out the chaff, only a check for line check/simulator check fails within the last three years was done. In my current airline the selection process is quite thorough and very much subjective as most of it is based on how the base captain feels about you, it takes roughly two years although i have seen one case who managed it in around 11 months from application to final line check as captain.