PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 29th Jan 2022, 10:58
Chief Willy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by balpalover69
I mean I feel bitter at the utter nepotism and lack of integrity from the BACC. As I said. I left a firm that made 0 redundancy (not easy but similar) thinking that this was going to be a safe job. Even going back, I know that when it comes to it. I’m the 1st to be thrown under the bus (again)….

I mean I’m struggling to sympathise with the ‘I dodged redundancy by a few places, now I want the seat I want, potentially at the disadvantage to my (ex) colleagues who in a lot of cases haven’t earned any money (or very little) in the last 2 years.

Some of us who are at the top of the PRP now face a new 7 (or8) year freeze before looking at long haul if we return on the a320, delaying a long haul move 10 years from where it was expected. So as I said, I wouldn’t come here seeking sympathy.
Whilst I have the utmost of sympathy for you: That’s BA. You know the deal now. It’s rubbish if you are junior. The way you were turfed out was deeply unpleasant. But at the end of the day it is a seniority based airline, get used to it and stop trying to change it.

In all likelihood the other airlines will probably start recruiting about the same time BA do from the PRP into mainline so you hopefully will have a choice with where to go. I genuinely hope and pray these opportunities are only a few months away for everyone in your dreadful situation.

As for the comments about 320 FO stagnation etc I gather “normal” PnP rules and processes will start again later this year, no more “leapfrogging”. I think anyone in the 320 RHS can forget about getting on the 787 though as due to the way redundancy was handled in 2020 I expect there to be an exodus of senior pilots from the “at risk” 777 and 380 fleets onto the “safe” 787 and 350 fleets first, but this should open up positions on the 777 and 380 fleets for those 320 pilots who are happy with the risks of going on those 2 older fleets. The 350 will probably drop a bit more junior though as its an Airbus and I cant see too many 777 pilots wanting to slide over to that fleet.

Bon chance all and I hope by this time next year the PRP and PHP will have all had the opportunity to rejoin BA again.