PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 28th Jan 2022, 18:30
balpalover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plastic787
I’m not on the 787, presumably you missed the part about being stressed due to being at risk. I refuse to believe the vast vast majority of new joiners wouldn’t have had any contacts in BA who they could have asked before joining to send a copy of the MOA. That’s what I did. The whole argument on the MOA is a red herring anyway it was a fact out in the open that BA chopped from the bottom up. I for what it’s worth would have had no issue with being made redundant this way, it’s what I signed up to.

As for the comments about there being LH pilots in the PRP, so what? They’re not in the seat anymore (very sadly for those concerned) and should not be jumping the seniority queue. No displacement only refers to pilots in situ in the seat. Not to now external pilots.

Dave A has already communicated that the only agreement existing in coursing PRP Pilots relates to their seniority rather than the type ratings they previously held. Now of course I know full well what is going to happen but if you were senior on the A320 in the RHS (or even junior hoping for better treatment by JSS) you’d have a very different view on this issue and trying to argue otherwise is pointless. Do you really care about saving BA money? Or is that just a convenient excuse for you to justify something that shouldn’t be happening? I hope for most that’s rhetorical.
I presumed you meant at risk due to being junior and on the 787 (before the ‘high efficiency’ rule came out but fire the cheap shot at me, for sure.

I mean, that’s a bold assumption. I joined BA not knowing anyone there and hadn’t hear that redundancy was sorted by age/seniority, not much difference (and select fleets)

You don’t need to talk to me like a fool, I feel foolish enough leaving a safe job that made no redundancies for what I thought was a safer gig at a decent outfit.