PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 27th Jan 2022, 23:28
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
It doesn't read like toilet paper to me, and I have been accused of being a pessimist before.

It reads to me like a coherent blueprint for change and I note that Sections 12 and 12A of the Act specify that the Minister may make Directions that specify what and how the Minister requires CASA to do and subclause in each section says that CASA and its Board must comply with the Ministers directions. The SOE requires measurable outcomes that are very specific, so if they are not delivered to the Ministers satisfaction, CASA and its Board must answer to him.
Sunfish, no disrespect intended but you have been dazzled by the shining lights of the SOE. To that end, the Minister has done his job well. Bait, hook and catch.

The SOE is meaningless drivel. All words and no action. They draft similar crap every year, and across all other government agencies as well. Meaningless, hollow, horse ****. It’s like saying that politicians have a duty to serve their constituents and they do it well. Yeah right!! They rort the system, engage in branch stacking, porkbarrelling, falsify travel allowances, and act unethically and immorally and lie and deceive. Yet their terms of employment says different.

Real change will be recognised the day that Spence gets rid of certain individuals, the Regulator is dismantled and rebuilt, the Act is changed and the NZ regs are adopted. Anything less than that, included silly SOE’s and other glossy motherhood statements should be viewed as what they really are - bull****.