PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2022, 03:27
dr dre

Received 357 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad Gates
I do hope you’re right doc. I just don’t understand why hotel quarantine facilities would be all chocked up going into August if the border is indeed open.
And in addition to what I posted above I've just found this article just posted which explains those comments a bit better. States the Quarantine Facility is not going to be used for mandatory isolation once borders open. What it'll be used for is travelers who test positive and need to isolate, but don't have a place to isolate because the hotel quarantine system has been shut down.

The premier said WA had to keep its hotel quarantine system operational because once the borders reopened, there would be infected people with nowhere to isolate. He said the hotels would be needed until at least July or August when the federal government’s Bullsbrook quarantine hub opened.

So the comments regarding the purpose built Quarantine facility aren't a long term plan for a hard border. It's simply for those who need a place to isolate once the border reopens and the hotel quarantine system has been shut down.