PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35C Accident - USS Carl Vinson
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2022, 23:51
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
One day the 'funni' txt transcript of the F-35C test pilot may be corrected as best as possible before I burst belly laffing but no mention of JPALS.

F-35C Delta Flight Path IDLC Tailhook 2015 Clemence Brief [uboob wideo]
Sep 28, 2015 Transcript
"On the boat I DLC and dfp who's familiar with this any magic carpet lectures out there people have been to okay if I said if you called the ball and you heard 40 knots 42 not starboard would it make you nervous well this control scheme makes it easy what I dlc is is integrated direct lift control what that means is the throttle just doesn't control the engine it controls the lift on the wing so you are directly affecting almost instantaneously your glide slope with throttle control you couple that with dfp which is delta flight path delta flight path is a flight control scheme that essentially flies a very precise glide slope for you when it's engaged and that's programmable so most of time our basic angle set at three and a half degrees so we have three and a half degrees set in there if you're low in this case you're basically hands off but if you do find yourself a little let's say a ball low then you pull back on the stick until you see a center ball and then you release and the ball should stay centered it has gust redirection for the berbil that it knows the winds because it has an AI NS system and it's always calculating the winds the only thing you need to do is plug in ship speed you plug in ship speed then it can do all the math for you I mean it hasn't aged the radar for crying out loud it should be able to figure this stuff out it's just basic trigonometry and so we've instituted this flight control mechanism in the airplane and we flew it on VT 1 and I'm telling you from the pilot's perspective if you've been in the cockpit for six or eight hours and you just want to get a board at night you're going to want delta flight path because it is very little work load you essentially just engage it with a nose wheel steering button and you're on that three and a half degree glide slope and you just make small deviations as required if you're 42 not starboard you might have to make three corrections you feel the airplane working airplanes are working a lot but you're doing very little except for starting at a center ball from the LSO perspective they've said it looks a lot like a mode one approach so it's very stabilized a very low workload for the pilot the Hudson Balaji is a little different because this is more applicable basically right here you have a glide slope reference line so the big joke with the Hornet but we'll guys kind of tell us all you do is put the thing on the thing and that's it well now you just put the thing on the thing on the thing and essentially you will be flying a precise three and a half glide slope to touch down whether or not the lens is even on so we're making it we know the geometry we know the winds we know the ship's speed if you put this budge slope reference line on the lens itself and the SRV V the ship reference the velocity vector on the ship then you will land with the summer ball know there are a lot of skeptics out here but it works and it's it's really nice."