PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35C Accident - USS Carl Vinson
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2022, 10:45
SpazSinbad

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'ORAC' I'm not a FlightGlobal subscriber so I don't see anything not that I think it is relevant. 'unmanned droid' says "JPALS is probably what ensures a '3 Wire'...' No it does not. DELTA FLIGHT PATH with the pilot doing very little except ensuring a good line up is what is involved.
https://www.aerospacetestinginternat...ii-ground.html
"...Test pilots and engineers credited the F-35C’s Delta Flight Path (DFP) technology with significantly reducing pilot workload during the approach to the carrier, increasing safety margins during carrier approaches and reducing touchdown dispersion. “The engineers responsible for the aircraft’s control laws did a phenomenal job designing this aircraft from the pilot’s perspective,” Wilson explains. “The control schemes of the F-35C provide a tool for the below-average ball flyer to compete for top hook.” “My major takeaway was that the F-35C is very good at flying behind the ship,” notes Lt Cdr Ted Dyckman, a VX-23 test pilot at the ITF. “Any deviation that someone gets themselves into, they can correct fairly quickly and accurately. In fact, it’s a three-wire machine,” he added, referring to the optimal arresting wire aboard an aircraft carrier. ..."

F-35C Delta Flight Path IDLC Tailhook 2015 Clemence Brief

F-35 New Flight Control Software [IDLC Integrated Direct Lift Control]

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 25th Jan 2022 at 11:01. Reason: anotherie viddy