PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sign of the times!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2022, 18:50
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
Concerns over plans to convert former RAF base into asylum seeker accommodation - Norfolk Live

As time moves on the shape and character of the country changes again. Coltishall is now to become an asylum seeker holding centre, unless the locals can over turn the decision. I notice the old Officers' Mess has more recently been renamed the Jaguar Building, I can see where they got their inspiration.

FB
I am sure the old Colt officers mess is a private establishment now, it was sold by the Ministry of Justice to a religious group, that got the locals a bit up in arms then. The last time the asylum seekers were about, there were the complaints and rumours that a bunch of ex verts were planning to run a patrol group watching out for the unwashed and unwanted. Until the fact that it could be classed as vigilante action and slightly unlawful that put them off. Did seem to drag up the zealots on certain FB groups. As for Colt, it was great being 20 years behind the times. Way more atmosphere about the place and many of us that were based there wish it was still open as a RAF station compared to the likes of Marhell and Coningshole.