PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Groundschool practice - is it legal?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2003, 21:15
keg167l

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Batty wrote:
Thats the whole point. By ensuring that people have to do some formalised training even the people who just beg for feedback are forced to go through theory in a structured method in a classroom.
The brushup course was sold to me as "preparation for the exam, lots of feedback and practice exams" with no mention of formalised instruction. I have not got to that stage yet so can't confirm it, but coming at the end of the course there can't be much new material to work on, and it might be bit late for remedial treatment.

I was discussing this with my father; his comment was "Is this brush up thing a fancy name for Revision?"

I agree that there should be a requirement for some form of training programme to be have been undertaken before taking the exams. All children have to have some form of schooling, but not necessarily in a state school; there are other forms, even 'non-traditional' schooling such as home schooling.

I agree that any organisation offering that training should be subject to some form of quality oversight, and registration/approval, but that this oversight should limited to content and student management. All school are subject to inspection by the authorities.

I do think it is the business of regulatory authorities to involve themselves in the minutia of where, when, and how the teaching is delivered. With the variety of teaching and learning styles, and the expanding technology available, such interference cannot be in the interests of the student.

If I have any supporters out there I can see that we would constitute a very small minority, so this will be my last word on the subject. I shall go with the flow, get through the hoops, and get out into the sunshine again

Keg