PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ADs re 5G interference
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2022, 01:35
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcK
If my crystal controlled VHF radio worked just fine, why do I have to pay for one that can receive 100KHz channels?
If my 100KHz radio worked just fine, why do i have to pay for one that can transmit and receive on 50KHz channels?
If my 50KHz radio worked just fine, why do i have to pay for one that can transmit and receive on 25KHz channels?
If my 25KHz radio works just fine, why do i have to pay for one that can transmit and receive on 8.33KHz channels?
Apples and Oranges
I see your point but respectfully disagree with it.
Even if you took delivery of a new state of the art aircraft last week the modern Rad -Alt would not provide protection from interference caused by 5G signals. Does such tech even exist at this time?

I have no problems with paying to improve aircraft systems due to technology advancements which enhance such things as aviation safety, navigation accuracy, communications and weather avoidance.

I do find a problem with paying for new systems because the FCC auctioned off frequency bands to the highest bidder and this leads to costs to aircraft owners without compensation. Especially true as the FAA warned them of the potential interference problems.
All this so Cell Providers can make money and folks can download vital cute kitten videos at higher speeds.

Last edited by albatross; 24th Jan 2022 at 02:00.