PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2022, 05:28
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last photo shows a gap in the existing lower walkways, which is in two halves. This was to allow vehicles, so I assume an ambulance, to get from the gap between the bus station and taxi rank via electric dropping bollards to the terminal entrance. As yet I have never seen it used or the bollards dropped in anger so I assume it was money wasted. Now with a new walkway going in I am thinking the route is set to disappear anyway.

The existing walkway is a cheap affair that lacks width to keep a person dry when the wind blows. Also passengers waiting for the car hire and car park buses use the walkway for shelter so forcing drop off and short term car park passengers to walk around them in the rain. Then of course there is the 150m gap from the drop off zone to the start of the walkway so passengers can still get soaked.

The recess by the terminal is the area for a planned mini terminal extension. It will be interesting to see how the site will be accessed for materials, machines and construction workers if it is built.

Last edited by LTNman; 22nd Jan 2022 at 05:49.