PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2022, 20:47
dr dre

Received 367 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
I hate to tell you this … they can police that. My next door neighbour’s son and family got permission to come and see her on compassionate grounds ( my neighbour is 90) from Queensland. They arrived a week ago. They have been allowed to quarantine with my neighbour, with her, in her home. The Police arrive at random times, twice a day, every day, to check they are all home. So yes, they can police it.
He indicated more will be coming in under compassionate exemptions. More police needed to check on them. When in isolation those in the same household will have to isolate too. Like that's going to happen. Increased arrivals = increased chances of spread. The hotel quarantine system was leaky enough.

So it seems like he wants more chances of community breakouts whilst also appearing to be tough, so he doesn't have to take responsibility for allowing large numbers of cases in. He doesn't want to have put his name to a date to avoid any backlash, so just let them seep in.

If Airlines had any guts they'd announce a snap end to all flights into WA, so none of those compassionate arrivals can actually get in anyway. Just keep one per day for essential freight only, no passengers.
They could also announce a grounding of FIFO flights, using the excuse of crews being distracted. Now THAT would force a change in minutes.

If Morrison had any guts (he doesn't) he'd just stop all those extra booster shots coming into the state, saying if WA won't follow the national plan they can fund their own vaccines. But when you have a failed marketing manager as PM who only knows spin you never get substance or action.

Last edited by dr dre; 20th Jan 2022 at 21:11.