PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ADs re 5G interference
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2022, 04:13
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
As a dutch pilot, I have read it more then once. If the RA had not malfunctioned, the crash would not have happened. If boeing had explained in their manual better what a RA failure could do to the ATHR, the crash might not have happened. If the pilots had realized that the numerous gear warning were related to an RA failure, the crash might not have happened. If the pilots had looked at the airspeed in the 30 seconds before the crash, it should not have happened. If they had responded correctly to the stall warning the crash would not have happened.

But I think that is different from the current discussion. Apparently, on the 787 the RA is even further integrated into the system, to the point that spoilers, reversers and autobrakes are affected, because the RA is part of the WOW, would not be surprised if the same applies to the MAX. Nothing from Airbus yet, but they aren't necessarily better about keeping the crew in the loop. I am really happy I don't fly raw data NDB approaches without EGPWS anymore, but the amount of automation autonomy the current aircraft have sometimes scares me.

Edit: just got a memo that on our A320 we can’t use the MEL for LGCIU2 “out of abundance of caution” for unknown risk related to 5G.

Last edited by hans brinker; 21st Jan 2022 at 00:52. Reason: Added