PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Donating My Dads Logbooks of Johnny "Timber" Wood
Old 19th Jan 2022, 19:38
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inmate
I posted this thread on another forum however as the most part of my dad's civil flying was carried out in Africa perhaps someone here might have an idea for his logbooks.

Having spent a few days in the basement going through my dad's log books (all 11 of them) I realized that with no immediate family to pass them on too they probably would be thrown away at some point in time.
The first 5 Logbooks cover his RAF flying from 1938 to 1950 which I can send to the RAF Association and that includes his Wartime Log during his extended hotel stay in 1944 at hotel "Stalagluft 1".
His civil flying that covered the period 1950 through the mid 70's was conducted mostly "Crop Dusting" in Africa (South, East and North) so I would imagine if there were any interest it may well come from that part of the world. He did base for many years out of Kenya and the surrounding area (Airwork, Airspray etc.) and flew a lot of the African contracts from the UK.
So, if anybody has any good ideas on a legitimate source that might make some use from his logbooks then please post or you can PM me
Regards
Mike Wood
Hey Mike,

I hope youŽre well.

Great initiative your taking aiming at preserving his legacy.

My grandfather had a crop dusting company in Denmark back in the 1960s, and I know that his airplane and pilots would head down to Sudan and Kenya during Northern European winter time. Perhaps there would be some connections found in the logbooks. IŽd be happy to get a scan or something to see if thereŽs any leads.

Cheers,
Kmax.