PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 19th Jan 2022, 19:20
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by umop apisdn
Thanks

Good advice. I'll apply when I get home. I have a friend in the same boat (LCC FO, no 121 command) with more internals than I'd be able to get and he hasn't been called yet, so I think it might be a few months before they look at me anyway.

Good Man. The figures I’ve heard over the last couple of months of working at the Training Center are, 65 a week until March. Then a bit of a look-see, to work out how air travel and demand is going with COVID. The goal for the year is 2000.

Now, these figures come from people who deal in getting the training pipeline up to speed in managing numbers like these, so they should know but things change on a daily, if not hourly basis.

The other number which is perhaps far more thought provoking, is that we only have 2000 left in our hiring pool and they’re the same 2000 as DAL and AAL. If this is in any way accurate, something’s going to have to give because the numbers don’t exist. I do not see us sponsoring anyone that requires “sponsorship” for employment. Speaking to an ALPA mate of mine, they are already aware and ready to fight the company, should they try to fill the ranks with those that are not legal permanent residents. Again, take it for what it’s worth.