PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK EASA licence exchange after 1st January 2021
Old 19th Jan 2022, 12:51
Freefly170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m just going through this process right now with AESA and it’s more than a little frustrating. I was relocated to Spain post Brexit so had no chance to SOLI within the timeframe ( which would have been considerably easier) however I’ve worked with a very good local ATO, got my AESA class II medical, done some flight training, passed the proficiency test and submitted all my papers and log books , I have about 500hrs total plus some military time. The documents are now in hyperspace somewhere between CAA and AESA and have been for three months now. Every time I call up AESA I get the same response, first they tell me oh no you can’t transfer a license post Brexit……..then when I tell them you can and recite the requirements they dig into their files (where I am already registered) and tell me they are waiting for CAA to respond and confirm that I actually have a license ! Call the CAA and I get the same response except that they are waiting to hear from AESA….!! Hmmm no one seems very motivated to help pilots (PPL’s at least) to change from one state to another.