PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets go to EK! maybe...
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2022, 06:51
escapedATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingBE
Surprising what you wrote, as I know 777 guys recalled, 380 guys recalled (not all of them), and even guys that were on initial training recalled with a start date within few weeks from now, and a close friend that was waiting for an induction date has been contacted too in order to know if he is still interested to join.
No B777 line pilots that where made redundant have been recalled and its unlikely that any will in the near future, unfairly approx 40 new F/Os who where in training have been recalled first at a time when EK needs experienced guys. I didn't receive a brown package or meeting as one of the trusted few hundred that flew up till June 2020, but a phone call killed my world, one expensive operation, OPC/LPC reports I'll share with anyone, at that time I knew of loads of guys sitting on sim fails, line issues, a lot of guys in my joining group had extra training or line issues but all got put back online after not flying in March April or May 2020. Who would you prefer flying your aircraft, I seen guys in front of me who where trainers with 20 yrs experience heading back to the UK with knowledge that was invaluable, lost now and I simmed with some of these guys and flew with them and they where the best, and I will not comment on some others.