PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot held on Drink allegations
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2003, 16:46
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"medication since having triple-bypass surgery"

What a good thing you deleted the unkind and sarcastic comment you made about his heart problems in an earlier post then, Airbubba?

----------

BEagle
Possibly because the results of the analysis hadn't been received from the lab when the documents were filed.

----------

I have no idea whether the man is guilty or innocent - but what extraordinary notions of justice they have in Virginia!

First they give the Press a photograph of the pilot taken in custody.
Now, the Press are told the contents of documents filed with the court, some of which "generally are not admissible" as evidence.
So let's tell the Press instead?
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the Airport Authority is making statements to the Press about a case which has yet to be tried in court?

I was in Virginia a couple of months ago. Beautiful state - but I'm very relieved I didn't do anything which might have led to my being prosecuted there.

[Edit]

bjcc
Sorry, I inadvertently deleted my post when editing so your response and my post are now out of sync.

No, I'm judging what's happening in Virginia against what I consider to be justice and fairness to people charged with offences.
I agree there's an increasing tendency for our police to say/give far too much to the Press and, IMHO, it's very troubling. No question of double standards - I think it was disgraceful that photographs of a defendant taken in police custody, copies of exhibits and even videos of police interviews were leaked to the Press in the case you mention.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 24th Dec 2003 at 19:28.