PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai near disaster..?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2022, 09:15
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RudderTrimZero
It's one of the oldest challenges in aviation. You have to learn to associate an action with every important clearance. A clearance can be a trigger to write something or select something. Use a pen (remember those?). I personally use the MCDU scratchpad. "Taxi A, B, C1 to and hold short of 27L" becomes A/B/C1//27L. When I'm lining up, I will ad a /LU. Takeoff clearance is definitely the selection of the "Takeoff" light on Airbus. On Boeing, I don't know what you might use, but for gods sake, choose one!
Landing lights on when cleared for take-off had worked for everything I’ve flown over the last 40 years, starting with Cessna 150 and ending up on 737. I know it’s not a wide body but the principal is the same.
however the problem might arrive if a company SOP is landing lights on for line up, and they have a punitive safety policy and you never know if there’s a trainer or management pilot opposite you at the other intersection…. No idea if that applies to EK though, although the number of times I’ve been blinded by their landing lights perhaps it does.