PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2022, 19:45
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
What's Air Canada at LHR got to do with MAN? It's not as if we can blame bmi for feeding AC anymore out of MAN via LHR. There have been four daily year round LHR-YYZ flights for years, mostly on point to point traffic but with some connections to STAR partners, almost none of which impact on MAN. The old VFR frequencies are gone forever as the old market died and the new one has plenty more options. The better comparison is surely DUB, which today has year round A330/B787 service from YYZ and that's up against Aer Lingus. That's a stronger business market and a much stronger Canada originating market (I think).
Skip sort of that's the point isn't it . Air Canada did indeed do the deal with BMi to feed Manchester and Glasgow over said hub.
Through now seem to consider the regions hardly worth a coconut .
Differing story apparently in our close neighbour !
Just doesn't seem to add up to me.
Interesting statistic's from Destination Canada (Federal web site) in 1986 there were 696,000 UK visitors in 2018 792,000.
So the myth that visitors have declined massively doesn't stack up, rather quite the contrary ! (Visitors to central Canada have collapsed through)
Cross reference visitor type and dynamics maybe have changed .
Simply put this clearly demonstrates traffic has been diverted via the Hub even now with the domestics being put on BA or over Frankfurt !
There are also significant numbers routing over Amsterdam (Long have done so) or via Dublin today.

I amn't sure the business case for SLF traffic into Dublin is that much stronger, through freight transfer into the single market will be so..
I know my company has received shipments from Montreal via Dublin (small flat packs) in the past.