PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2022
Thread: NPAS News 2022
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2022, 15:21
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by black.beard
If (as some have suggested) these 4 FW frames are to be sh1t canned then it will be a tragic waste of public money. Quite why there is so much 'hate' for these FW aircraft is a total mystery to me, and frankly does nothing more than confirm the silo mentality within the wider UK Police and the farcical lack of aviation knowledge within NPAS.

These individuals do not seem to give 2 sh1ts about the waste of public money, instead they care more about their own self-serving agendas and career progression. As a tax payer, I could nt give a rats how various criminals are caught and brought to justice - only that they are caught and are brought to justice; I don't care whether its a FW, or a RW, or a drone in the sky - I care that good people do their job and catch the badies.

The unavoidable facts regarding FW assets are that they offer a significant cost saving/flying hour/maintenance hour; over any existing Police RW asset.
Are they perfect? No but dovetail the operations of FW with RW, and together they provide much better coverage to the UK Police Air Support - demonstrated capably during G7 and COP26.
so how long do you keep throwing hard-earned public money after FW assets so that they can finally deliver their potential?
the crime here is the decision to continue throwing good after bad.