PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pharmacist
Thread: pharmacist
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2003, 16:14
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abb911,

If the salary is the first thing you're thinking about, then my advice would be not to bother. Money is not a reason to get into aviation - full stop. Yes, you might be able to earn £50k+ several years down the line. Or you might not. Along the way, you will be earning considerably less than that - so if your first question is about money, then I'd question whether this is the right thing for you to do.

A better way of approaching the financial situation would be to ask how much you can expect to earn during the first few years, and figure out if you could afford to live on that salary, and if you'd be happy living on that salary. If you would, then go and learn to do something that you'll love.

(Of course, this may be slightly harsh..... just because your first post on PPRuNe is about pilots' salary, it doesn't necessarilly mean that this is the first thing that you're thinking about - it just seems that way to someone reading your post. If you view your own question as relatively minor - it's just that you've already found the answers to the more important questions you had - then my reply probably isn't relevant to you at all. Good luck!)

FFF
----------------