PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 14th Jan 2022, 16:03
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by the_rookie
Isnt regional pay fairly average though? Even as a captain it's not that flash, also with no chance of going to a major unless you marry over there. Going off the airline pilot central scales, a QF SO is well in front. Although cost of living etc over here is more expensive
You're right that the regional pay sucks but it's only going to keep going up as the LCCs, which pay more and fly 320s, start to be a viable option for skipping regionals. My friend has flown about 200 hours in a regional and already has a start date with Spirit.

You can also get a green card through the lottery and through EB2 / EB3, which I believe Commutair are doing. More will follow soon.

Australians on E3s, especially those who already have a bit of time, don't have to stay at regionals for long now either. You can fly heavies at Atlas or 320s at LCCs on an E3.

To be honest I'm a little surprised Australia even has any pilots left considering the opportunties that exist over here.

Only a few years ago I was stagnating with the old conundrum of too much single time, couldn't get a break into any twin, and now I'm probably (hopefully) upgrading on a 320 next year, or going to a legacy.