PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets go to EK! maybe...
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2022, 15:39
T54A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fired600
A guy handed me a brown envelope and said ‘I’m sure you know what this is about’ and that was it. That was the last I heard from EK. Not a single phone call to check we were ok, or a letter of apology, concern for employees was and is zero. Disgusting treatment. Yet we were all part of a valued ‘team’ …..don’t make me laugh!

A few A380 guys, a very few, were called back. Not 1 single 777 pilot has been recalled…..none!

Anyone who has a job currently and applying to join Emirates or Qatar and the like at the moment must have a screw loose. You can see how they treat employees, and how they not only dumped senior employees but new joiners who had not finished training in an instant. Would you risk that with a family, moving them to the Middle East when you could be on the next boat home at the next whim of management?

If you are out of work and single I can understand it’s a job and it’s desperate times, but anyone currently employed or with a family, do have a long read of what they did in the past, and will do again at the drop of a hat.
I personally know of 10 A380 drivers who were recalled, and I don't even work for EK.