PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 14th Jan 2022, 13:03
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 320 Likes on 178 Posts

Here's yesterday's C-5 - wish it still had TF-39s! Digital zoom on my bridge camera is great but... digital.

Very pixelated image shot with my phone at around 1620 yesterday on my local common looking SSW across the valley and over Kenley Aerodrome ( the two large trees are just on the edge of the airfield). The upper white streak is a Lufthansa A350, the lower one just above the horizon and emerging from the centre tree is an Emirates A380. They are both at 38000' and straddling Jersey between them; when the A380 eventually disappeared behind the treeline it was about 2/3rds of the way between Plymouth and Roscoff. 200+ miles from me. Picture of no particular merit except I still find it slightly amazing that on a superb clear day one can see an aircraft so far away - or at least, its contrail!

The third trail towards top left is a Jet2 B738 inbound Newcastle at approx Cherbourg... There was an Iberia A350 behind which I hoped to eyeball before it began its descent into Heathrow, but no cigar. Haven't sat up there on such a winter's evening for a while, probably nearly two years as there was bugger all traffic last year!