PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman redundancies
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2022, 10:12
Bloated Stomach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark.P.
Dear Maz11 and BOMBEUS,

Let me first apologize to you if you feel in any way touched by the topics we are exposing to the public here, I can assure you that non of this is personal, the main objective remains to inform and share the truth that will help the next ExPat worker to make better choices for himself and his family.

I would love to discuss and learn more about the heritage of the Khan family, unfortunately, I don’t think this is the right place and we certainly are going off-topic so I will try to rephrase to better explain my point.

Let’s assume that Sadiq Khan parents had chosen to migrate in oman instead of England.

what would Sadiq Khan be today?

Where would Sadiq Khan be today ?

Pakistan or India doesn’t really make a lot of difference does it?

Sure he would be back from wherever he came from since would have been too old and worn out to be used as manpower anymore.

I hope you guys see the point now.

And yes again, BA is looking for UK residents, which includes English, omanies, Pakistanis French Italians Americans yellow green black red Muslim Christians, and Martians.

That includes the Egyptian, omanair terminated pilot, working now in England as a migrant uber driver that has the right to apply for BA just like any other British man around, and if successful will have the same rights and working conditions as any other British man around.
Seniority goes up , rank goes up, pandemic breaks, and salary goes down for everyone regardless of color religion passport sexual appetite, or country of birth.

I have been terminated by omanair because of my nationality, not because my resident card was expired or because of my seniority position.

My career progression was denied because of my citizenship, not because my right to work and live in oman was expiring, or because I wasn’t skilled enough.

Do you see a difference? Because if you don’t it really is Jibber-Jabber guys,never liked J.J. BTW.

Once cleared the discrimination by citizenship topic I think we should also start to address some publicly hidden company practices such a Tactical sick Punishments, fatigue issues, and all thosedangerous company Policies that affect safety directly, the interest is not only fo future employees but also for millions of unaware passengers that have the right to know.
I think you are confusing yourself with ethnicity and nationality. Ethnicity has zero correlation with nationality. You either are or are not a citizen of a country. With citizenship, you have benefits. Unfortunately, you are not a citizen of Oman and therefore, do not have any rights or priority of employment. Although I am against a few practices in the Middle East, I think this is spot on from the Omani government. Support your own first and deal with the rest later.