PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2022, 22:34
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
I used to have mccPilotLog and now I have a lifetime license of CrewLounge PILOTLOG. While the transition has not been buttery smooth, I am quite happy now with it.

On the contrary to ElZicho's experience, CrewLounge's tech support so far has been one of the best I've ever experienced. They strive to get back to queries in 2 days and over the past year they've been very proactive at improving the app and correct bugs I and others reported. At the moment the support is not available because they've been severely impacted by Typhoon Rai in the Philippines.

Works flawlessly with EASA format.
I suspect the varying experiences in migrating from one Software to the other comes down to the different operating environments and Logbook formats.
If your MCC Database was mostly RPT, Sector Logged from A-B, then you've likely had a smooth migration.
If however, some/all of your flying in MCC was Logged without Dep/Arr fields (as it allowed) and instead was Route logged via the Remarks section, then you were in for a bad time.... and I had a lot of Survey/Charter work logged like that in MCC. This might seem strange to some, depending on your local logbook format, but mine simply has a "Flight Details" column. It could read LAX - LHR or it could have the name of the Farm which had a paddock long enough to be called a "Runway".

When I migrated from MCC to PilotLog, almost all of my non-Airline flying got totally corrupted. Support told me they couldn't fix it and suggested I start PilotLog fresh utilizing the Previous Experience function which I did.
I then started having various other issues (as per my previous post) so gave up and walked away.
The whole process was an eye opener for me in just how easily a digital Logbook can get corrupted and did I really want to deal with this every time a new Version gets rolled out.

A few Colleagues use LogTen pro and absolutely rave about... suppose it's true, you do get what you pay for, but I've just fallen back to pen and paper.