PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Navy TexanT6 crash fatal 10-23
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2022, 18:21
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

Yeah, Wolf, I looked at Navy Safety for about 10 minutes today and will have to ask the Navy directly if any accident reports are public. Go ahead and try, but meanwhile I am gonna ask the news reporter where the stuff came from.
==================
Meanwhile, one of my famous flights early in the training game involved entering the pattern the wrong way. It was a simulated flameout. Was high enuf when realizing I was setting up for the spiral, and while the IP was chuckling I cut across to a decent downwind for the correct runway and made it. So a sudden high bank angle and stall opportunity was there for me. Years later I had the real deal in my Dragonfly as far as the flameout, and was very high and my flight lead and I used the alt to see how many feet required for a 360 - it was the first deadstick landing for the type and being a new plane had no published speed or procedure. Made it down great and stayed on rwy even with damaged right main gear(was shot up fairly well, heh heh).

Still too many questions for this old man, and I am sticking with some kinda incapacitation incident. Other than the AF447 discussion, I have not frequently commented on the crashes. But this one is close to home and bothers me.

Gums sends...