PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 12th Jan 2022, 16:36
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAreject
Of course you would, old bean. Why don't you do that now, if it's such a hard graft at BA? You've been taught how to be resilient surely? Let me guess though, you live in lala land and have no idea how the real world works. Let me tell you, it's a scary place out there.

Anyway, I think you'll find junior gripes lie with BACC , not BA. BA didn't orchestrate the downfall of the 249.
well, apart from the fact BA would have shut half of Gatwick and all of the 747 fleet. Pretty sure that would have swept up a lot of that 249 anyway, and a lot more on top. Listen, it’s **** that redundancies couldn’t be avoided. I’d have happily paid more to save everyone and I’m sure so would everyone else. Unfortunately for the 249 it’s a seniority airline for everything; I know you don’t want to hear it but I’m going to say it anyway and if you choose to rejoin then you will be bloody glad when the time comes again to negotiate an s188 that you’ve got a god few years in. This was my 3rd S188 in BA in 23 years; the first one was September 11th and I thought I was out of the door so I know how awful it feels. Thankfully we managed to avoid any CR then; but COVID has been ona scale never seen before.
hopefully bluer skies ahead for all