PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 12th Jan 2022, 11:12
balpalover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hunterboy
Oh dear …. Please don’t come back on PPrune complaining BA isn’t what you thought it would be in a few years. It is what it is. As are your colleagues . Just get on with it and realise the world doesn’t owe you a living. As I keep telling my kids , life ain’t fair. Best to crack on with it. As I mentioned in a previous post, take or leave my (well meant) advice.
If I had my time again, with the benefit of hindsight, etc, I would have gone into IT or finance . In BA and U.K. airlines you will earn every penny. Sadly , with the weak U.K. employment protections, you will always be regarded as a cost to be cut and the first out of the door come the next downturn. Do you want to work for an airline that does that via LIFO or one that gets rid of the longer serving ? The choice is yours. I’m sure there is an airline out there that does it differently ?

This whole post absoloutely stinks of entitlement. What do you mean take your advice? Do you not understand the investment that most of your 'colleagues' undertook to become a pilot? You say in hidsight you would have gone into IT or finance, well surely you would have taken VR and 'brushed up' on your own programming (or investment banking) skills, and saved a seat for someone who's ability to 'brush-up' is inferior to yours?

What about an airline who gets rid based on training failures and personal conduct (we know there's enough of those characters out there) rather than based on who was unlucky enough to join at a certain point, or lucky enough to be in a seat in a certain 'efficient' aircraft?