PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Psychometric testing
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2022, 00:58
Alt Flieger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a bloke involved in creating the curriculum for a medical degree. He said very little of medical degree requires more than average year `12 knowledge but what a high score does predict is the ability to absorb a huge amount of information in a limited time and the ability to integrate it into a coherent whole. It does not predict how good a Doctor the candidate will be. Hence the increase in emphasis on personality profiling in Med. schools.
Same in Aviation. Psychometric testing doesnt predict if you will be a good Pilot. It does however predict the likelihood of the candidate getting through ground and line training efficiently.and successfully in the limited time available.
In the diversion scenario described by US ( I remember that day ) you find out if the newbie next to you absorbed the appropriate information during line training.
Reciting rules and Regis wont cut it. Otherwise its single Pilot IFR. I’ll take an ordinary GA Pilot with single pilot IFR in a Turbine any time.
But those days are gone. Welcome to the world of 200 hours F/O’s. Glad I’m retired.