PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Pig and pussy hunt' - take your helicopter
Old 24th Dec 2003, 08:51
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I find that my .222 with a well placed shot will do the job on most occasions, but when the range streches a bit I pull out the .300WM and if it gets hit it stays hit.
all the wingers want to get out of the city and have a real look at what some of the introduced species are getting up to. (they should be made to watch a moggy toy with a small animal for an hour or so before it kills it). I was out the nullabour the other day and whilst cleaning out a holding paddock that I had put sheep into the day before, noticed a lot of dead ones lying around. after closer inspection it became apparant tha a pack of wild dogs had been into the mob and killed about thirty odd and left another thirty with a range of wounds that required the sheep to be put down. thingd like lips torn off, muscles in the hip and back area being torn out completely, large gapping stomach wounds with intestines hanging out, Ect. not one single sheep had been eaten. this is mainly a result of bleeding heart city folk dumping dogs that the dont want instead of shooting them. (its seen very regularly out in the areas I work in. us bush folk will destroy an animal rather than dumping it)
I shot Camels, Donkeys, Kangaroos, horses, wild cattle, buffs for a living for quite a number of years, (and actually paid for my pilots licence by doing it)and shot Cats, Foxes, Wild dogs (not Dingoes) and all other forms on nasties, just coz they were there.
And I will continue to do so even though I dont shoot for a living any longer.
I go on a pig and pussy hunt most friday nights at the local. always looking for one and ending up with the other.