PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 10th Jan 2022, 23:06
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
The response to the response.

Dear Ms Spence,

With the greatest of respect to your position.

Over 12 months ago, before Parliament and directly to Senator Susan McDonald, I made an allegation of Misfeasance in Public Office. I made that allegation against Mr Jonathan Aleck, the CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International, and Regulatory Affairs. A substantive allegation. One that I stand 100% behind and can support with an overwhelming body of evidence.

For complete clarity, I am alleging that CASA has misled the Commonwealth Ombudsman Office in its current investigation and has done so with the intention of perverting the outcome of that investigation.

I have provided you with an opportunity to rapidly determine whether Mr Alecks Office has in fact misled the Ombudsman’s Office.

The Ombudsman’s Office appears to be of the view that, CASA was not integral in the design and approval of the APTA business model, and that CASA only became aware of the APTA business model just prior to reversing it approval without warning in October 2018.

That CASA position is the complete opposite of the truth.

CASA was integral in the design and approval of the APTA business model and was fully aware of the structure for 2 ˝ years before they claim that they first became aware.

You suggested in your previous correspondence, that the Ombudsman could contact Flight Operations Inspector Mr. Naomichi Nishizawa. My suggestion is that you personally establish contact with your employee and put the question directly to him.

Ask him the following.
  • When did CASA first become aware of APTA?
  • How involved was CASA in the design and approval of CASA?
  • Why would CASA permit Latrobe Valley Aero Club to operate under Bairnsdale Air Charter but not under APTA?
With the responses to those questions, within 15 minutes, you will be able to make a determination as to whether this matter needs to be clarified with the Ombudsman office. I would also ask that you advise me of CASAs position as I am the person impacted.

Unlike CASA, my intention is not to “blindside” anybody. My request is entirely reasonable. Should you choose not to avail yourself of the opportunity, it then becomes a matter of Governance, at which stage I will, write with my request, directly to the CASA Board, and consider my option of contacting Mr Barnaby Joyce. Although Mr Joyce, was not the responsible Minister at time, and is relatively new to the role, I would urge him to draw on the knowledge of the previous Deputy PM, Mr McCormack who has extensive knowledge of this matter, and would be considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME).

For your information I will be appearing on an AOPA Facebook live conference at 7PM and would encourage you to view that program when time permits.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley