PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 10th Jan 2022, 21:05
balpalover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hunterboy
I think someone may have a shock coming if/when they (re)join BA and realise what a bunch of shysters they’re working for. I’d be interested to hear their opinions in a few years. My advice , (take it or leave it), is to realise what you have to look forward to if you want a career in UK aviation post Brexit. I’d consider myself lucky to have had a glimpse of the future with enough time and youth to do something about it. If you want to have a career in BA, maybe consider standing for election as a rep so that you can influence events come the next downturn. Alternatively, start brushing up those IT and programming skills and get yourself in a job that will pay well and never experience the kind of ups and downs that aviation suffers periodically.
Either way, good luck.
The assumption is that all that were made redundant are twenty-something year old's that can just 'brush up' on some 'coding skills' and find another job? and not any that have a mortgage or family to provide for? The delusion among some of the members here is incredible. If it's that easy and we only need to 'brush-up' why can't the senior do such in the same manner, rather than just the junior?