PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 9th Jan 2022, 01:59
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
A bit more info on the Breeze/Aussie deal. I assume the author spoke to someone at Breeze to get the info ?

“Breeze already has around 120 applicants for the program, with the majority of pilots living in Australia and some who are already in the US. Pilots from Down Under will, however, incur travel and visa costs before being able to fly for Breeze.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...edgdhp&pc=U531
I’m not sure if the posted pay scale on APC reflects the “paying more” that article states but whether warranted or not, given the anger and frustration US pilots have felt over the past 10-15 years about pilots working for less, I can see a $hit storm on the horizon with Australian pilots being singled out for flying for what Breeze is offering.

I’m not saying don’t do it but be aware that the pay is less than any of the ULCC currently flying in the US. The only way that might be mitigated is if they’re represented by either ALPA or god forbid, the teamsters. A non-union carrier staffed mostly by foreign nationals is going to have a target on its back.