PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2022, 01:38
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Jester64
What difference has it made? People are now able to enter most parts of Australia from abroad and from within. That means people can re-connect, freedom of movement is restored for citizens and it also means the recall of many pilots. It’s also meant job offers for me and most of the unemployed pilots I know. To me that’s a sign of the industry being ‘better off’.

Thank christ both federal and state governments don’t share your view and think that life will be better off with the borders closed. You’re on the wrong forum to be whinging about the borders being opened. I get how SOPS does because he is happier driving trains then flying planes. I’d take a guess that you are retired from this industry also?
Not really what I meant. The decision to open up and let it rip has been made, well do that then. To be telling us we have to isolate if infected, get tested if you think you are, cancel events, work from home, etc etc, is "POINTLESS". It's everyone for themselves, our own individual decisions will determine what happens to our economy/recovery. right now all I'm seeing is closed, not available, delayed due to staff shortages. Surely this wasn't the plan. What will I be doing in the short term, not venturing very far from home, I'm sure I'm not alone.