PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2022, 08:44
Jester64

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
Well, at the moment, looking at what is happening in the Eastern States, I would leave the border as it is. Mainly because I know the WA hospital system is already close to breaking point. ( and you are correct, there are three reasons to leave home in the NT, if your not vaccinated).

Edit… for what it’s worth, Dr Andrew Miller from the AMA, is currently on the radio saying that opening the WA borders now is complete madness. But that’s only his opinion.
The WA health system has been at breaking point for years, yet life still went on without restrictions.

The number of people on ventilators nation-wide is still not even in triple digits, and we have anywhere from 400,000 to 4,000,000 active cases (the true case count will never be known).

40 odd people die every day in WA. Covid may see this increase to 42 at maximum? just by looking at the current case fatality rate for Australia.

There is always going to be a whinge from AMA, as doctors and nurses might not be able to take leave when they want it, or may be forced into overtime in 2022. Sound familiar??

What exactly is happening over east? And don’t tell me case numbers because that’s irrelevant now. The number of ICU patients are actually less now than what they were months ago.