PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR T5 Sunday 19th Dec
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2022, 06:07
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
My friend returned from MUC on Monday. She tells me that, on arrival there on the Sunday 19th Dec, she was told to take a PCR test - it does not matter what the rules say, just do as the person on the desk says or you are not going any further. So that was €80. and the trip went fine.

She was notified on Friday (I think) by email that her return flight had been cancelled and she could either have a voucher or a refund. The online booking system said it could not help, so she had to phone. They rebooked her on a different flight number that happened to leave with 15 minutes of the one that was cancelled. That flight was supposed to have operated the previous evening as the last out on Sunday but was showing officially delayed until the Monday morning. So when checking the flight for being on time, I was shown that it was running 10 hours late, until I unpicked the web - with the assistance of FR24 telling where the aircraft actually was!

Last Sunday evening, she went to check in on the new flight number found that the suitcase she had paid for had not been transferred with the changed flight. Providing proof of earlier payment did not suffice and she had to pay about €80 at bag drop and will have to argue the toss over phone and email.

The flight operated at the new/delayed time and was not too full. She had to take another PCR test in the UK, just the day before they are all cancelled. She tells me that it was great seeing her family but ...