PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bottom Feeder or Good Guy
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2022, 13:04
staircase

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes I did see that reported comment from Hoon this morning, and it just reinforced my opinion, once endorsed by a departing BBC political correspondent, who thought that just to get selected as an MP, never mind elected, one had to be a pretty duplicitous sort of character.

I mentioned earlier that I hold no great esteem for T Blair and I post only to try and demonstrate balance. As a counter to the reports of burning the document perhaps I could offer this. When Boris prorogued Parliament, the Law Lords found it illegal with a unanimous vote. It was reported in the law reports that the reason for their decision was that the government could find no one, either politician or Civil Servant, willing to sign their statement to the Law Lords. It was suggested that the reason no one would sign was that they all knew it was false and that they may lay themselves open to a charge of perjury. The Law Lords therefore found against the government. The press responded with the ‘Enemies of the People’ headlines.

Anyone got a bucket of tar? We could all use the same brush on them.

As for who to vote for? There is a feeling that we are going into a situation where democracy is broken. If you don't see your MP and his government representing your opinion, yet you get it anyway with a vote of 33% on a turnout of less than 70% then next time why bother to vote?
You will note that the % voting at each election goes down.

Another gem you may like to ponder. Most floating voters are it seems the ladies. If they had not been given the vote, then it is estimated by a well know Polling organisation that we would have had Labour governments since 1945. I think the Tories are as bad as crab suggests but Dear oh Dear .....the left since 1945!

Lastly to much thread creep do you think?