PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2022, 21:12
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LGS6753
Luton-Copenhagen peaked with 4 flights each way per day per carrier - total 8 daily! It didn't last long, and I see that in the latest ACL report, Ryanair are to leave the route altogether.
For what it's worth, I can't see the Scandinavian market as a very lucrative one. Finland, Sweden and Norway are large countries with very sparse populations. There are, as far as I know, no large expat communities of any of these countries - or Denmark - in the UK and all four countries, whilst affluent, do not have huge economies. So it's likely that the market will only be normal business/tourism demand.
Sky Express may be concerned at the increasing cost of LHR too.
There is huge expat communities from Scandinavia in London. Outside of US and Scandinavia, London is the largest Swedish expat community. It’s likely to be the same for most other Nordic countries. We also travel a lot. Almost every person I know here in Stockholm has been to London and plenty of people are very regular visitors for tourism and shopping.

The BA and SAS flights are also helped by connecting passengers. A lot of search sites offer SAS to LHR and then connecting to VS or Star Alliance carriers or BA via LHR.

As for population, while not densely populated some cities are still sizeable. 2.4million of us in metropolitan Stockholm area. Basically a quarter of the countries population in one place. The Oresund region (Copenhagen/Malmö) has around 3.7m people. So they are quite large areas with wealthy populations.