PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2022, 18:34
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I imagine Ozzy, roverman and Suzeman have at least 75 years of experience between them in various capacities at MAN,
Nearer 100 I reckon. But that was then and this is now

My own concern would be that if there is a financial incentive to keep a runway closed (beyond direct operational savings), this could delay reinstatement beyond the optimum point of reopening. But hopefully that issue won't arise.
With a quick look at the ACL scheduling parameters for Summer 2022, you would know that two runway operation will be back for the season

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/up...ration-S22.pdf

And NO, I have no "beef" with the MAG management team. I actually know a few and have a great deal of respect for them as individuals. But that doesn't mean I won't challenge specific corporate policies which I feel are not in the best interests of the airport operation. It is a very healthy thing for companies to be challenged to reassess certain assumptions where better outcomes might result. A good manager will always welcome constructive criticism.
But do you tell them directly rather than just expressing your views on here?

Man does indeed frequently use available space for aircraft parking (or even car parking )

Aircraft have been parked on TWY Bravo (B5 next to stand 12), Engine test bay, TWY Alpha near the ETB, on some of the recently completed new sections not yet in use etc, etc.

​​​​​Then you have TWYs Quebec and NB which are routinely dual purpose TWYs or stands.

​​​​​​Unsurprisingly the decision/choice considers how long, need to access aircraft safely and ATC views etc, etc.

Like all these decisions the final choice is taken after stakeholders are consulted and safety impact assessed.
Absolutely 42psi. Particularly this bit
the final choice is taken after stakeholders are consulted and safety impact assessed
Perhaps Navpi forgets the whole VS 747 fleet and some VS Airbus types scattered all over the airfield, plus a few extra EZY and not to mention all the large fleets of based aircraft (Ryanair, Jet 2, EZY, TUI etc) parked up H24 because they weren't being used? Plus some Tommy Cook and Flybe if I recall, at least during the first lockdown?