PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 20:50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Wild
With the above programme from Wizz, would there be any room left for Jet2 at LGW assuming they could get slots? The ops so far this winter seem to have generated passenger interest in the product. I'd be surprised if they didn't try to get in there, but how could they do so?
interesting question regards Jet2.

their winter operations appear to have been successful but I think they have (not entirely but largely) filled a gap left by BA this winter, pre covid (and I would suspect winter 21) BA operated ski and Lapland flights, this winter without them I think LS have been smart plugging the gap but moving forwards, with LS having such a strong operation further North in the U.K. and with strong competition at LGW from U2, BA, TOM and W6 I’m not sure it would be wise for LS to try and break into the LGW market.

don’t get me wrong I think LS have a very good offering especially with jet2 holidays and could do well at LGW but it could be a difficult market to enter as the incumbent airlines may react to any new entrants.

I hope LS do try and enter the market however would add some more competition and variety at LGW