PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot held on Drink allegations
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2003, 01:30
Flying Bean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digitalis & Flying Lawyer

Thanks for highlighting this aspect. It has been puzzeling me as well. I thought I might have missed something but the analysis by Flying Lawyer does offer a 'maybe'explaination.
Strainge tho, that with the interest in the case, something as fundamental as this is not avialable. If the information was presented at the Prelim Hearing it would seem to be impossible that a reporter would not have picked up on the figures, if they exist.

But perhaps one of our USA pilot collegues could clarify. If A pilot is questioned in the USA is a Breath Test the standard proceedure or does the questioning/test vary from State to State or even vary within the different Police Aurthority.

But another point to pick up on:-
It does seem to be agreed that "airline officials" presumably Virgin, did the first contact with the pilot and then passed him over to the police for questioning. So that would indicated they felt the need for further investigative action.

Edited: after Heliports point below.
Yes. Good point. I withdraw that inference. But I still wish we could get info about the testing???

Last edited by Flying Bean; 24th Dec 2003 at 01:55.