PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And so it begins...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 03:14
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AtoBsafely
I’m not sure what your point is Arnie, but to give you some context:

In the last three weeks, I have been allowed to go outside on 1.5+0.5 days for fresh air and exercise. I have been subject to 8 PCR tests, and 18 RAT tests.

In Hong Kong there have been 2 cases of local infection total as the result of a cabin crew member not following the rules. Due to misleading information, the people of Hong Kong believe it is my fault.

In response, my company will require me to work three weeks and quarantine for a week, all confined to a hotel room. In return I get a week off, and a few extra dollars. If, during those three weeks I test positive in Hong Kong I will be hospitalized regardless of symptoms for 2 to 4+ weeks until I’m negative. If it’s overseas, I need to rely on my personal health insurance as the company denies responsibility. If someone I worked with during those three weeks tests positive, I will be incarcerated in a quarantine facility for 21 days. The company will offer vacation days or unpaid leave.

This is what Hong Kong has become.
How quickly you through your fellow crew under the bus. They had the balls you lack to stand up to these ridiculous rules and live their life the way you clearly can’t.

“when injustice becomes the rule, disobedience becomes your duty”

Not enough people standing up has gotten us in this position. Stop acting like any of this is “mandatory”. Your election of closed loop flying was fully voluntary and now you are deluding yourself that you where “required by your company” to do them instead of facing the truth.

Look in the mirror and you will see who is to blame.