PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2022, 09:31
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the question of parking stands, I recall some concern was expressed when it was suggested (I believe by an airport spokesman) that when the TP was complete, there would only be 1 extra stand. This was later modified along the lines that a comparison was difficult because of more multi-purpose stands to accommodate different types of aircraft.

With delays to the project, what is the current situation? The plans incorporated for example parallel taxiways for T2 to reduce delays which would mean the loss of some parking stands on the western apron and I think in the centre block - the 80s and 240/250 stands. However, there was to be a new bank of about 12 new stands to the far side of the new Pier 1 along the airfield boundary edge. I think those stands have been constructed but I'm not sure if they are commissioned and in use. Last time I looked the 70s stands on the western apron were still very much operational.

Given what's happened in aviation due to the pandemic and the impact on finances, is there any timescale when work on the TP may resume? There were comments, weren't there, that some initial work on Pier 2 would shortly be underway?